This type of cancer takes leading position on mortality rates. The Nephrocellular Cancer (NC)
develops in the epithelial cells of renal tubules and belongs to urological tumors.
Characteristic manifestation of this disease is the damage of the nearby lymph nodes located on
a lymph flow from a kidney; another manifestation of a disease is unpredictable localization of metastases.
Among all malignant new growths in adult population NC makes 3% of all cases.
Types of NC: specifics of kidney cancer diagnostics
There are 5 kinds of a disease, depending on the involvement of cells of a certain type.
• Clear cell cancer makes up the most often, up to 85% of cases,diagnosed.
• On the second place is papillary, which is characterized by multiple damage of kidney tissues.
• Chromophobe, up to 10% of cases, is the most sluggish on development.
• Oncocytekidney cancer makes up to 5% of cases and manifests in rare formation of metastases.
• Cancer of collecting ducts makes up to 2% of diagnoses. It develops in young people and quickly progresses.
• Most often people of 50-70 years old get cancer, men being twice more susceptive than women.
Diagnostics of NC disease
Since kidneys are rather small-sized organ, any new growth has an impact on quality of its function. If patient sees
doctor on time and disease is diagnosed at an initial stage, this allows to treat it successfully.
General research and survey
Visual evaluation and a palpation is problematic, however, suspicions about the malignant nature of a disease can be
received even from the general blood tests and urine. For this reason, it is important for the patient to see a doctor
in case of any painful symptoms in a waist, or problems with the urinogenital area.
Device diagnostic methods
Use of diagnostic devices allows to receive a full picture about a condition of the organ: cavities and ducts,
trace the of extent of damage done by a tumor, a condition of adjacent lymph nodes.
• Ultrasonography, including all abdominal organs;
• Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI);
• Urography with use of contrast agents;
• Radionuclide scanning;
• Computer Tomography (CT).
In 90% of cases ultrasonography and CT allow to differentiate a malignant tumor. MRI is usedfor detection
Recommendations of the German doctors regarding the age of the first screening of NC
As men are more prone to the risk of development of kidney cancer, the German specialists recommend
undergoingcheckups annually to all men who reached age of 45 years. Also, it is necessary to be examined
if you have chronic kidney diseases, work with asbestos, cadmium, solvents. Statistics shows that residents
of megalopolises of cold regionsare at risk of NC.