One of the most aggressive types of cancer which detection at early stages is carried out extremely seldom.
The patient asks for the help when the tumor reached the big sizes and impacted body interfering with
its normal functioning.
The oncopathology is inclined to fast development. Most often the disease comes to light when performing
CT, MPIfor other indications.
Types of cancer of liver and diagnostic methods
Liver cancer is subdivided into groups of primary and secondary types. Secondary is the most widespread,
but it means that
the oncological disease prime cause is in another organ, and metastases spread to the liver.
Primary types are:
• Hepatocellular carcinoma;
• Undifferentiated sarcoma;
• Fibrolamellar carcinoma;
• Cholangiocellular liver cancer;
• Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma.
It is important to understand that the oncology of a liver can strike people of all age. If the angiocarcinoma
is characteristic of elderly population, then the hepatoblastoma chooses as a target of children up to 4 years.
The fibrolamelar carcinoma impacts people up to 35 years old, active and able-bodied.
Specifics of diagnostics
• The palpation and visual inspection in this case are ineffective, but the doctor collects the anamnesis,
• interviewing the patient. Often people address with complaints as pain in hypochondrium or a stomach.
• For obtaining detailed information CT is used and Ultrasound;
• Laboratory blood test, including blood test on the alpha-fetoprotein, samples of cells of a liver taken at a biopsy.
• The puncture means that the stomach wall puncture is carried out by a special needle probe.
• Laparoscopy is one more method allowing not only to carry out sampling of tissues, but also to evaluate
• a condition of internal organ. It is carried out through a small cut.
• Also the X-ray, MRI for definition of metastases in the bones, lungs, surrounding the tissues of a liver.
• The liver abounds with blood vessels; the angiography will show whether there are changes.
Blood test is obligatory: signs of inflammatory process, hemoglobin level (low levels), increase in number of leukocytes,
oncomarker come to light.
People in a risk zone
Liver cancer is the disease having own “preferences”:
First of allthose are patients with liver diseases;
• Having genetic predisposition;
• Working at hazardous productions;
• Elderly people;
• Abusing smoking and alcohol.
Referring to the specialist can become decisive in cancer therapy. Pain or discomfort are a signal which cannot be ignored.
Recommendations of the German doctors for initial diagnostics
For people over 35 years regular checks upevery 2 years with blood tests including for glucose level are recommended.
Such procedure will help to reveal a disease atearly stages on indirect signs and on time to conduct examination.
Health care guidelines also mean exams of children and young people.